System Temp - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2006, 02:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default System Temp

Is there an application that will tell you, in Windows, the CPU temp? I have an ECS KN1 SLI Lite and an Athlon 64 3200. My Geforce 6800 shows the system temp, but there was no application provided with my mobo to tell me the CPU temp.

Also, is it common for cases that have plastic ducting around the CPU to smell a bit like plastic when you turn the machine on? Don't worry, BIOS says the CPU runs around 40 C and the GPU runs about the same. I don't think that anything is burning up but the smell does concern me.

Old 03-15-2006, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

dont know about the question

Old 03-15-2006, 04:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to gamer64amd Send a message via Yahoo to gamer64amd

I think I may know the smell you're talking about, I built a new computer and when I turned it on (and for a couple days) it had sort of a plastic, new computer smell, that I know of it doesn't smell like that anymore, and I never worried. You may have a different smell though.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

It reminds me of a "new car" smell. I donwloaded Sara and the application told me that my CPU is running at 31 C. I the only thing that concerns me is that I do not "think" that I smell plastic unless the machine is on. I will simply continue to monitor the varius temp settings for a while.
Closed Thread