System problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

techman321

Baseband Member
So, today, I was looking inside my system (first time since a long time). I noticed an 8 pin connector not connected to anything (but when I was building, I don't think it was supposed to be connected). I did some wire management, and then I fired the rig up. I went to the bios to look at the temps. Well, first, I looked at the CPU temp, which started at 15 degrees Celsius, and idled off at about 20ish degrees Celsius. Then, I looked at the system temperature. It started at 14 degrees Celsius and never idled off. It went to 36 degrees, and then I turned the system off. I think there's a problem.
Note: i haven't looked at the bios for a long time, but yesterday, I looked at Everest and the HDD temperatures were 30 and 31 and the mobo was 25ish. Do you think I may have the same problem as this guy: NCIX FORUMS - Irregular temperatures ? - Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R ATX LGA775 Conroe P...
Any ideas?
Thanks

Sorry for double posting...the system idled at 40ish and the cpu kept switching between 22 and 23. While playing Call of Duty 4, the system was at 47 (according to Speedfan). Are those temperatures alright for my system?

those temps are fine, I wouldnt be even slightly worried until it hits at least 60 degrees celsius, and even then you probably wont have a meltdown. I keep my system and cpu idling around 30 degrees celsius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom