System build check - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2006, 06:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

No Major Mistakes, but things could go better.

PSU seems, ok, better buy Branded PSU for stable operation, or check, on motherboard that your +5v rail is stable.

H/D: dont buy Maxtor, they are cheap, but eventually in a years time, they start making Noice (Loud noice out of spindle), get Samsung, Hitachi or at high end, get Seagate, WD.

memory looks OK, beter check out with your Mobo's Manufacturer's QVL. although I have seen no issue people using Geil.

motherboard = better wait for nForce5 chipset board. they might be expensive, but nForce5 has better technology that even Intel didnt introduced in their latest chipsets. though manufacturer is good, but I've seen MSI's boards performing better on nVidia chipsets.

CPU= spend some more money (dont buy fance lights, etc) and get CPU on Toledo core 4400+ (with 2 X 1MB cache)

DVD= LG may not be a good choice, see if you can find Plextor (they are most expensive, but best), else Pioneer (very good), and Sony as well.

Graphiccs card = very good choice to get nVidia, but, see if you can find eVGA's manufactured. they give life time warranty on thei cards.

Intel Core2Quad 2.66Ghz 12MB L2-Cache
4096MB DDR Kingston Hyper-X
GigaByte GA-P35-DS3R
XFX 9600GT AlphaDog
Seagate 2 X 320GB SATA2
LG L246WH Flatron 24"
Old 09-16-2006, 01:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to Saint71

If I were you I would forget about everything on your list and start over. I mean are you serious planning to buy an IDE hard drive and I wouldnt feel to good about buying my computer equipment from a site called sparkle.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

I was sure to check around on different review sites and the maxtor model did fairly well. I will review the company and its products a bit more before I decide. Price is a major factor in what I purchase.
I was originally going to grab an EVGA videocard but a friend from Europe strongly suggested Sparkle. It's a european company that prices the 7900GT at about 350$. It has a 3 year warrenty and I have never seen 1 negative review but I have seen over 90 positive ones. Plus I'm getting a discount on the card because of my friend in Europe.

Thanks for giving me advice, anymore is appreciated.
Closed Thread