System almost built, more questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
My build is finally almost done, I got the whole screw problem fixed with a little ingenuity and some washers :p Now all I have to do is the PSU wiring stuff and I had a few questions ( some are kinda obvious but just making sure )

1. For the PCI Express PSU wires, I obviously connect 1 end to the GPU but the other end of the wire is just another PCI express 6 pin...does this go into the PSU? It fits but doesnt seem to lock in place

2. Do I connect my fans to the peripheral power connector cables? or the Fan only cables ( which are two pin only ) Cause they only gave me 1 wire with 2 fan only cables and my case has 4 stock fans ( 2 having the 3 pin thing to hook on the mobo )

3. For SATA power supply cables I have like 4 cables each with 3 SATA heads, should I connect all 3 devices to 1 wire or is that bad somehow? Like maybe the device can't power it through only 1 wire or something?

4. I have still yet to find any jumper for the SATA people were talking about that limits it to 1.5 GB/Sec

5. For SATA devices all they need is the power connector to PSU and SATA connector to mobo right? The dangerous thing is plugging another wire into that legacy power connector that wipes the drive right?

a1: Can you describe it more? You connect a 6pin to your video card and the other end come from the PSU.

a2: Still confusing. Connect your case fans to the 12v rail.

a3: There can't be too much HDDs on a single 12v rail. HDDs uses so little amperage that you can chain a whole mess to one line.

a4: Some drives don't have jumpers, some do. This just depends on the model. An analogy would be that some PSU have a 125/240v switch, others don't and have auto switching.

a5: For SATA devices, you only need a data cable and a power cable. If your drives have a 12v molex, try using the SATA connectors first.

1.if you have 2 pci-e pins on your psu use one of the video card and let other just hang to the side.

2. you can connect your fans to either or, if one has a 2 pin connector you can connect it to the motherboard. Or you can connect the with 4 pin molex plugs.

3. if you have the extra cables you may as well divide the devices between power wires.

4. if there is jumpers on the hdd just leave them at the default factory position... I haven't heard of a 1.5gb limiter.....

5. just one power wire and a data cable is all you need.

A1: Just leave it hanging. You only need to connect one. I think the Ultra needs 2 PCI-e 6 Pin power connector.

A2: You mean the 4 Pin Molex connector to a 3 Pin Fan connector? Confused about your question Gabb.

A3: You should just divide the power so that it would all be going through one and splitting out into 3.

A4: Take the jumper out, it'll enable you to have 3.0GB/s.

A5: 1 SATA cable from the motherboard to the HDD, 1 SATA power connector from the PSU to the HDD is good enough.

A1: Just leave it hanging. You only need to connect one. I think the Ultra needs 2 PCI-e 6 Pin power connector.

A2: You mean the 4 Pin Molex connector to a 3 Pin Fan connector? Confused about your question Gabb.

A3: You should just divide the power so that it would all be going through one and splitting out into 3.

A4: Take the jumper out, it'll enable you to have 3.0GB/s.

A5: 1 SATA cable from the motherboard to the HDD, 1 SATA power connector from the PSU to the HDD is good enough.

For question 2 what I ment was
Do I connect my fans to the PSU peripheral power connector cables ( which are 4 pin molex connectors ) ? or the PSU Fan only cables ( which are 4 pin molex connectors as well but they only have 2 golden pins and 2 are missing ) Cause they only gave me 1 PSU wire with 2 fan only cables ( but I have many PSU peripheral power connector cables ) and my case has 4 stock fans ( 2 having the 3 pin thing to hook on the mobo )

1.if you have 2 pci-e pins on your psu use one of the video card and let other just hang to the side.

2. you can connect your fans to either or, if one has a 2 pin connector you can connect it to the motherboard. Or you can connect the with 4 pin molex plugs.

wait so your saying if I plug my fan into the 3/4 small pin connectors on my mobo I dont have to plug it into the PSU 4 pin molex connectors? I thought you had to do both?

Usually I would just use the 4 pin Molex Connector from the PSU to this:
untitled-5.jpg

And then connect the fans 3 pin connector to those.

Usually I would just use the 4 pin Molex Connector from the PSU to this:
[
And then connect the fans 3 pin connector to those.

yeah but my PSU doesn't come with that, it comes with 4 pin molex cables. My question is, some of the case fans have both 4 pin molex connectors and small 3 pin connectors to go on the mobo. Can I use em both? I thought the small 3 pin connectors were to allow the mobo to control the rpm of the fans depending on the temperature.

Oh! Yeah you can! Just connect them to the PSU's 4 pin Molex Connector. Should have just said that, Gabb. :rolleyes: Made me all confused. :p The motherboards 3 pin, I don't think they're for the fans. Well I never connected my fans to the 3 pins on my motherboard, only through Molex.

Oh! Yeah you can! Just connect them to the PSU's 4 pin Molex Connector. Should have just said that, Gabb. :rolleyes: Made me all confused. :p

So I can use them both? Its not going to overload with power or anything is it? I know the mobos 3 pin connectors are for fans since my tuniq tower only has a 3 pin connector for the mobos CPU_FAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom