Sweet, Cool, Success! Thanks for your help everyone!

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi again everyone!

I would like to begin by saying a BIG THANK YOU to everyone here that has so patiently helped me over the last year +...

First, people here helped me to choose a good processor.
Next, people here helped me discover how to successfully bury 200ft. of Gel filled CAT6E.
Then, people here helped me choose the best cameras for my specific application.

Unfortunately, the CPU in the dedicated security build ran super hot [70-80c] due to my poor choice of modding a CPU cooler and perhaps trying to cramp too much hardware in a mini-itx case...

I just finished transferring all hardware into a new case with a new CPU cooler and am now experiencing a marvelous change in temperatures....[low to mid 20's].

So now, hopefully, I can finally hook up 12+ cameras on this rig and it should get the job done! I have only been running 4 cameras due to the high temps...

I am posting pics of the new rig. If you are wondering, here is what I did:

1. Ripped everything out of the Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced [now I feeling like kicking the case].
2. Discarded the modified Alpine Pro 7 [I feel like kicking this item too].
3. Transferred everything to a modified Cooler Master HAF XB EVO - High Air Flow Test Bench and LAN Box Desktop Computer Case.
4. Installed Zalman LQ 320.
5. Installed four COUGAR 12CM Blue LED Hydraulic (Liquid) Bearing Ultra Silent Fans @ 1200RPM
6. Renamed my rig from "Hot as a Red Chili Pepper" to, "Blue Eskimo."
7. Pinched myself to make sure this wasn't all just a nice dream.

Posting pics of the new rig. Enjoy!

Have a great day everyone and thanks again!

Soar

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 6
That board looks so small XD

Then again, an ATX board in a case that supports EATX boards and larger looks about like that...

Literally the opposite of the song "fat man in a little coat". "Tiny board in a large case" :lol:

Yes, I know it is real big and real small...I suppose I may have over reacted after having such crummy temps in the mini-itx case...

That board looks so small XD

Then again, an ATX board in a case that supports EATX boards and larger looks about like that...

Yes, it reminds me of my first car...a 1965 Mercury Comet straight six....a massive engine well, but a tiny straight six motor!

I had over 20 cases to choose from [I have been stocking up on cases over the years], but chose the Cooler Master HAF XB EVO because I wanted the high air flow...

It's getting the job done right [finally]!

Have a good one!

Soar

PS Posting before and after pics...

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg