Swapping CPU's..

Status
Not open for further replies.
if u can unlock it that would be great. i wish i new that when i had my old computer(HP), although i doubt there was any updates for that old piece of junk.

I doubt it will have support for AM2+, if it says AM2 on your socket thats all it is.

hopefully u can unlock it using the asus utility then u can pretty much just up the multi without even changing the voltage. easy o/c. since there s no more voltage going in it wont even heat up.

if anything will stop u from playing crysis on high itll be ur cpu. my stsme is ok in single but not great in open maps (online), but with a 9800gtx u might experience a bit of a set back because of ur cpu

how many topics are there on this...?
lol...
you need to download the asus update utility for windows, from the asus website. it will allow you to flash your bios without a floppy or any of that crap. and i think if you get the flash to take, it may unlock it? i dont know for sure, never tried it.

lol 3...

I'm about to merge all 3

Alright cool. If i can find the effin cable for my camera ill post up some pics. Yes, it is an M2n-La. Weird, I know. The stats are all diff from the M2n-lx that newegg has, so I dont know. I'll prbly just leave it alone and see what happens with the 9800gtx+ in there.

Thanks

How do I check that out? the white box under my cpu says SOCKET AM2. So, any other ways to find out?

Dang, thanks for that find. Thats pretty nice.

There isn't really a noticeable decrease in performance from the 3.0 to the 2.8 is there?

And both will play crysis fine right? Or do I not even need to upgrade? And I found a pretty good cpu cooler for like 25$ shipped, so the BE would be fine.

Thanks

These things all run different voltages.. I can't change that in BIOS, so will the mobo auto adjust the voltage if I throw in the new proc? And the whole 90nm and 65nm thing..does that matter for compatibility?

Btw, how can I check what my cpu's voltage is at right now.. Should I just go into BIOS and check that out? Thanks

Doesn't the fact its 65nm mean it has more transistors there for its some what faster? The only problem with that would be, that the 6000+ has 1MB of L2 Cache Per Core while the 54000+ BE has only 512Kb per Core. So that would pretty much make up for it being older technology.

A 5800+ will remain much cooler and will work without any bios update or any crap of that sort. While at the same time performing pretty much about the same as a 6000+ would. Maybe like 2 or 3 frames difference in games here and there. But nothing too noticeable to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom