Summer Water Cooling project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason i'm invading this thread, is that drizzd and i both run almost identical systems, so if he gets good results i'll probably steal some of his parts ideas :p I'm just concerned that my 750TX might not be able to handle 2 gtx280s, the quad, and 2 loops :( Might have to upgrade to the 1000hx.

The power draw from the loops are pretty minimal all things considered.

**** I think I'm one of the few people still running just a 500W psu...

So you think 60A on a single 12v rail will be able to sustain a q6600 + 2gtx280s + 2 waterloops and all the fans needed?

"Supposedly" the gtx280 has a peak draw of around 19A. But i really cant see it doing that for more than a split second on very rare occassions.

The reason i'm invading this thread, is that drizzd and i both run almost identical systems, so if he gets good results I'll probably steal some of his parts ideas :p.

I Hope I get good results, then we can be W/C e-buddies! :D

And the only thing "identical" about our systems is the q6600... hehe, I'm most likely going single 4870 or 8800 gts g92(depends on pricing and performance of all the new cards).

What case are you planning to do all of this in drizzt? I'm still trying to sort out my order for my case. Its going to be a giant air cooling box for a while until i get the video cards and figure out what watercooling setup to go with.

The aurora 570. Custom W/c holes near the bottom are nice. My build should be very similar to Aspires when it's done, although neatness probably comes with experience and that I lack.

DSC00714.jpg

That is the back of the case where the radiator will be mounted. You can barley see it cause of the bad photo and the blackness but at the bottom right there are those 2 holes for the tubing.

I'm going to show some photo's of how the rad will be mounted when in a little bit, but for now look at this.
techPowerUp! :: Case Modding Gallery : 2008 Black Aurora Updates

That is aspires rig, It is sexy and I'm attempting to get something similar to it, without the gpu being cooled.

Ya i cant see myself outgrowing it. I have just gotten entirely sick of trying to cram SLI and all the other stuff into a tiny case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom