Summer Water Cooling project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The D-tek should be back in stock shortly and no I wouldn't recommended the mp-1 block for a quad core.

When I upgraded from it my temps dropped 5C

Don't get a reservoir, stick with the t-line.
Ok, then Thats what I'll do.
Petra's Tech Shop
^^ Block

Also is this worth it?
Petra's Tech Shop
^^ How about this?

I wouldn't mind the 5 bucks if it really gives me some benefit.

I'd get some distilled water from frozencpu or some other place that sells it and also some anti rust additive might be a good investment. If you want to mount the radiator on the back of your case you can get a radbox and then put the tubing threw you'r pre-drilled holes.

Petra's Tech Shop

Not sure why you have T line and reservoir equipment on your list...
The additive that aspire recommended isn't enough? And i thought I could buy some distilled water locally. If not I don't mind, I want to make sure this all works after all.

I need to ask aspire if i need this radbox, because he told me of a way to do it without it I think. It looks like the same thing, except his method destroys a cheap fan and costs less :).

I was confused with the T line and reservoir, i was reading a lot of xtremesystems stuff and added it by mistake.
Posting to subscribe. I'll be doing the same thing in the next couple months. Although i'll be going double loop since i plan on going SLI GTX280. Ordering a UFO today :)
Thanks, I'll keep this thread up to date I guess (I have a feeling people enjoy when I make nub mistakes :D ), I should have money coming in soon, I just got a few emails and calls and it appears I will be working soon! yay. When you make a thread I'll be sure to drop in.
I am planning on getting water cooling for my new build in Christmas cz of the low temperature and better benchmarks
Exactly my thinking for getting this! Don't forget the awesomeness of it and the noise factor, although my rig is pretty quiet now.

Ok, then Thats what I'll do.
Petra's Tech Shop
^^ Block

Also is this worth it?
Petra's Tech Shop
^^ How about this?

I wouldn't mind the 5 bucks if it really gives me some benefit.

The additive that aspire recommended isn't enough? And i thought I could buy some distilled water locally. If not I don't mind, I want to make sure this all works after all.

I need to ask aspire if i need this radbox, because he told me of a way to do it without it I think. It looks like the same thing, except his method destroys a cheap fan and costs less :).

I was confused with the T line and reservoir, i was reading a lot of xtremesystems stuff and added it by mistake.

The Quad insert will probably give you some benefit.

All you need to do is buy the PT Nuke additive and a half gallon jug of distilled water from your local supermarket.

And yes, my method basically replaces the radbox. By my logic, why pay 20 bucks for something a four dollar fan from petras can do with about 5 minutes of work and a dollar in nuts and bolts.

I also think mine gives it a cleaner look and creates a tunnel effect so that pressure form the internal fan makes it all the way to the radiator and is pushed through.

In terms of radiators/reservoirs. You only need one or the other, I find that reservoirs take up extra space, cost more, ruin the anti bacterial abilities of the black tubing. On the other hand they make bleeding a lot quicker and don't need to be refilled as often.

On a completely seperate but related note. How much voltage does a waterpump and say 10 fans usually pull?

you mean how many watts?

Well if you get a DDC Ultra, that uses 18W, and if you get 10 yate loons that draw approximately .3A each then they would draw about 36W at full tilt.

So about 54W total

The Quad insert will probably give you some benefit.

All you need to do is buy the PT Nuke additive and a half gallon jug of distilled water from your local supermarket.

And yes, my method basically replaces the radbox. By my logic, why pay 20 bucks for something a four dollar fan from petras can do with about 5 minutes of work and a dollar in nuts and bolts.
Cool, i can use the one that is in my tuniq.
I also think mine gives it a cleaner look and creates a tunnel effect so that pressure form the internal fan makes it all the way to the radiator and is pushed through.
Ooo.
In terms of radiators/reservoirs. You only need one or the other, I find that reservoirs take up extra space, cost more, ruin the anti bacterial abilities of the black tubing. On the other hand they make bleeding a lot quicker and don't need to be refilled as often.
How often am I going to have to refill?
On a completely seperate but related note. How much voltage does a waterpump and say 10 fans usually pull?
I know your probably not talking to me, but I think my 800W should be able to handle this new add on.

Well thats an easy one 12V

I think what you meant to ask was how many Watts/Amps.

A Laing D5 pump draws about 1.4A or about 17W

Your average fans draws between .2 and .5 amps or between 2.4 and 6 Watts

In regards to the XSPC block, I think it's ugly as sin, and to be good on a single physical core/dual core cpu is not incredibly hard... It's cooling two separate physical cores adjacent to each other where things get tricky.

Cool, i can use the one that is in my tuniq.
How often am I going to have to refill?

Make sure the fans has open corners as in the holes where the screws go are not tubes. Otherwise you might run into problems mounting it.

By refilling I mean topping it off. Usually need to add some coolant every couple months.

In regards to the XSPC block, I think it's ugly as sin, and to be good on a single physical core/dual core cpu is not incredibly hard... It's cooling two separate physical cores adjacent to each other where things get tricky.

both of which are completely irrelevant to my statement :confused:

Make sure the fans has open corners as in the holes where the screws go are not tubes. Otherwise you might run into problems mounting it.

By refilling I mean topping it off. Usually need to add some coolant every couple months.
The fan in my tuniq is this one

120mm Yate Loon D12SM-12 Case Fan - Black (70.5 CFM, 33 dBA) = The one fan in my tuniq.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom