Summer Water Cooling project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
I've been contemplating this ever since I bought my case and saw the pre made w/c holes.... Water cooling!

I should have some money this summer also, and I'm going to try to make this a little simpler for me and just do cpu only. (Unsure of what Card I'm buying next (probably 4870) so I want to hold off on that being W/C for now and save me a little money for the moment so I can have this sooner).

I'm just going to show links to what I have so far and then you can tell me if I need to change anything.
Cpu block (OUT OF STOCK)
Petra's Tech Shop
Cpu quadcore Block insert
Petra's Tech Shop
Pump
Petra's Tech Shop
Radiator
Petra's Tech Shop
Tubing x6!
Petra's Tech Shop
Clamps x10!
Petra's Tech Shop
T fitting
Petra's Tech Shop
T line plug
Petra's Tech Shop
Biocide
Petra's Tech Shop

Total of this list: $241.41

Am I missing something? Should something be changed? Should I thank aspire more for putting up with my constant questions?(thx!)

Drizzt5

Darn forgot biocide...

KK, I'll be mounting using the method You used for mounting externally onto the back. Fan carcass, screw it in, holds up the radiator, wa-la!

Where did you put that reservoir of yours?

Petra's Tech Shop

Can i get this one instead ^^ It's not out of stock but more expensive

Petra's Tech Shop

^^Also that cpu block instead since the dtek is out of stock (or is it worth it to search high end low for the dtek?)

The D-tek should be back in stock shortly and no I wouldn't recommended the mp-1 block for a quad core.

When I upgraded from it my temps dropped 5C

Don't get a reservoir, stick with the t-line.

I'd get some distilled water from frozencpu or some other place that sells it and also some anti rust additive might be a good investment. If you want to mount the radiator on the back of your case you can get a radbox and then put the tubing threw you'r pre-drilled holes.

Petra's Tech Shop

Not sure why you have T line and reservoir equipment on your list...

Fuzion and EK Supreme are the current kings.

I'm a reviewer for a website and may be doing some comparisons on some new blocks that aren't out yet.

Posting to subscribe. I'll be doing the same thing in the next couple months. Although i'll be going double loop since i plan on going SLI GTX280. Ordering a UFO today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom