Well, black Friday is coming up pretty soon and I think I really wanna go overboard with this one this time.
I was thinking about something like, a complete system overhaul (maybe not complete
but just a big redo).
Currently my system runs:
- an Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 MOBO
- a C2D E6420 OC'ed to 2.95 ghz
- 2 GB of RAM UC'ed to somewhere around 776 mhz(?)
- Crappy HDDs (not sure of specs)
- an XFX 9800 GTX+ @ standard clock
- and a 550W Coolermaster PSU (not sure about model)
I'm not sure what I should
upgrade because I've kinda been out of sync with the tech news lately. I'm sure that my mobo is dated and my core is soon to be, if not already, dated. My RAM is also complete bull so I really need that to be upgraded. I'm not positive if my 9800 GTX+ is dated or not though. It's not the latest gen technology but it's not bad either.
So what I was wondering was:
- What mobo should I upgrade to? (if neccessary)
- Will my core be outdated soon?
- How much RAM is becoming the norm these days?
- Will HDDs still suffice? SSDs are costly =[
- Should I get another gfx card to SLi? Or get a new card?
- Is 550W really insufficient for any cards better than a 9800 GTX+ or SLi-ing?
Sorry for the long post. Just figured it would be better to ask all the questions in one thread vs. multiple threads.
And for any answers I receive: Thanks in advance! =]