Suggestions for HDD enclosures / server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
- I am currently using my P4 (p4 2.8ghz,2gb ddr,64mb 9200 radeon) as the file storage server.
- It currently has 80GB and 2x1tb (2TB) eHDD.
- Problem is that those 2TB eHDD is already (almost) filled up.
- I'm planning on getting another 1TB eHDD but this doesn't seem cost-effective.
- I do a lot of HD streaming and video editing of HD (1080p) files so I will always need more storage in the future
- I was planning on getting a Drobo, but if you put 4TB (3.6TB*) into it, you will only get 2.7TB of usable storage since it uses about 1TB for backup/future expansions.
- I saw HP Media Smart and it seems promising but really all I need is some sort of network enclosure
- I need a best bang for back server that can store massive amounts of data for a low price
- I use this as only a file server, then another PC will use that to process the files
- For example, i use my P4 computer only as a server; I then use my Dual Core computer to process the files using Adobe Premiere Pro 2 and stream using Windows Media Center

So in conclusion,
I need something a HP Media Smart Server and Drobo except less-streamlined and more focused into the storage aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom