Suggestions for a Good Gaming Monitor? (HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a 21.5" ViewSonic that I used for a year and it was very good as well. Not as aesthetically pleasing as the Samsung, but at the time it was a better bang for buck. If you get them cheap enough, they work just fine.

I agree... Right now I have this monitor.
Newegg.com - HYUNDAI X224W Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 Built-in Speakers

Got it from a local store that had it in a special sale. Can't say enough, it's amazing. Especially when you upgrade from a 15" CRT :big_smile:

i have a samsung SyncMaster 2333sw 23" LCD Monitor... i upgrades from a old school 15" monitor... its amazing, i love it.

Samsung make some decent monitors, but most aren't really any better than you can find elsewhere.
Just like most other monitor brands.

Really, what you'll find is that most monitor brands will use panels from some other brand anyway.

Don't buy based on brand, look at the panel type (IPS, MVA, TN), response time, input lag, and reviews from people who know what they're talking about.

Brand is still important. Better companies like Samsung and Dell offer zero dead pixel guarantees or other perks you won't get from cheaper brands.

Brand is still important. Better companies like Samsung and Dell offer zero dead pixel guarantees or other perks you won't get from cheaper brands.
I'd say that zero dead pixel guarantees should be something that all manufacturers follow, which unfortunately some don't.
That just means there are some you might want to avoid.

Though if the store you buy from offers that kind of guarantee (rather than the manufacturer) then it's a moot point.

in nearly every case with the higher-end monitors (IPS, MVA panels) they'll have zero dead pixel guarantees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom