Suggest a Mobo and Processor For What I Want to build

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
First off, im tight for cash, so any part thats not "cheap", but stuff thats "inexpensive".

First off, has to run DDR400 memory since i just bought 2x512mb for my dell which i will throw in it. Atleast 2x IDE connectors, dont mind if it has SATA but its not neccesary. 1 PCI express16x slot, atleast 2 pci slots. Mobo that gas 5.1 or 7.1 audio, int.network adapter. Af for the processor i would like to put in it, a high end P4 HT or maybe a slower Pentium D since im tight for cash, or for AMD, maybe a 3200-3600+ athlon, i dont know much about the sempron, but if there is a decently fast one thats "inexpensive" suggest it up.

This is going to be my first complete build, ive replaced and added parts to PCs, but ive never bought and put together a whole pc.

Oh yeah, if it matters, the ram i have is DDR400 non dual channel, and im pretty sure its non-ec or non-eec, w/e that is,

Your going to want to go AMD X2

I would get one of these before they are extinct as they are really hard to find anymore

Newegg.com - Open Box: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 2.0GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor - OEM

It's a good dual core that will work with old memory

Then this mobo

Newegg.com - Foxconn NF4UK8AA-8EKRS Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Then this CPU cooler

Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

comes to about $200 and thats not a bad system

I would go 939, it tops the p4 easily. If you want dual core go for a 3800, however you can get an OEM 4000 for like $70. And just pick the mobo you want off newegg.

Ok, ive done alot of looking around on newegg decided to go with a socket 939.
Ill submit you a wishlist of what i find tommorow.

If you go S930 get the OEM Dual Core manchester I stated as it's the fastest your going to get for S939 and its certainly not "slow"

i got 2 choices for u

Newegg.com - Open Box: AMD Opteron 165 Denmark 1.8GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor - OEM

Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

total: $266

Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - AMD Opteron 144 Venus 1.8GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor - Retail

total: $203

when OCed the opteron 144 and x2 3800+ performs the same and the opteron 144 is cheaper than the x2 3800+ so it leaves room for you to get a better mobo. you can use the stock cooling for the opteron since you can get 2.8ghz easily without increasing the vcore. it will stay under 40C at 2.8ghz on stock cooling. (im assuming you have a decent airflow case with atleast 2 case fans)
Opteron 144 vs X2 3800 - A Bleedinedge CPU Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom