stupid cd drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
my specs are in my sig, but i have an NEC optical drive, it installs windows and everything (i upgraded from home to pro just today), shows up in the BIOS, etc, but it doesnt show up under windows. I cannot manually connect to the drive (ie type in F:\ in the URL bar), and in the device manager it says

"Class for PdiPorts devices" and if i click the little plus, it says "PDI Kernel Ports Device Driver".

I have never had any issues with this drive, but I did notice the install for windows a little longer than it usually does, but none the less, it still got through set-up all right.

My hard drive is as following (1 physical hard drive):

C:\ = windows
D:\ = data
P:\ = Programs
T:\ = Test Bed (vista)
G:\ = games

and then 1 optical drive.

if it matters, i have a virtual drive from Alcohol 120%, called I:\. Does windows think this is the real drive or is it something else??

thanks in advance!

oh, and if it matters, i have a "DVD/CD-ROM drive" in the device manager, and under that it says "AXV CD/DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device"

Thanks

EDIT: well the PDI thing is from my monitor, the pivot software was a little butchered during the reinsallation

although my cd drive still doesnt respond :\

Thanks for the help guys :tired: ;)

im gonna try to reinstall windows w/ a clean install...

since i have my programs on a different drive, but they use the "common files" folder on the C: drive, will this effect my programs?

thanks... i think... in advanced :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom