Stumped....1st LCD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmizzle

Solid State Member
I am so confused studying up on the LCD versus the CRT. From what I hear the refresh rate on the CRT was that of an LCD running somewhere in between 120 and 240hz? And all this stuff about contrast ratios and resolution not being the same even though it says 1080p. So I've been looking at a couple of models and would like some answers on what I should look for. And to see if my reasoning is correct.

Case in Point: I want a 24" LCD with 120hz with 2ms response. The resolution of this guy should be no less than 1900x1200. I would like 1080p with potential ports for tv tuner or tv tuner built in as this would also second as my home entertainment. Is there anything I am missing? Is there anything better out there under $400? Or am I terribly misinformed and shouldn't worry about getting a 120hz...

The reason why I'm so picky is the fact that I am putting together a computer with the xfx 5970 and I need something that will play ALL of my games on high. The thing is I am relatively new to this whole PC gaming experience so I ask a lot of questions and some I may sound dumb in, so sorry in advance! thanks guys.

I just did a quick bit of research , and it seems that you won't notice any improvement in gaming with 120hz vs 60hz. Some people speak of extra lag or funny tearing of images when gaming at 120hz. Seems it's meant for Blu-ray movies and Nvidia 3D gaming. I can't find anyone who has 24" 120hz monitors for sale either. For your 5970 , 1920x1200 is ideal. That's what I have heard anyway. You should get 3 24" monitors with that 5970 and make use of ATI's Eyefinity!! I can't wait to do it myself!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom