stuck =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

microdamage

Beta member
Ok well i'm going to college in the fall. I'm looking to build a new computer. I game pretty hard but I also do other things while I am gaming like being on AIM or firefox and listening to music.

I was thinking of getting the Athlon 64 3700+ for gaming, but will that decrease my computers performance for when I do other things such as the things listed above?

Is there a chip that is good for doing multitasking and gaming?

If you know of something let me know. Thanks for all your help!

X2 3800+. That'll do you good on both. If you do any multitasking at all, you'll want a dual core.

well I have the 3500+, and I will play games like COD2 while listening to music. or having my browser running in the backround and dont have any noticable probs. so I think what your looking at should do pretty good.

Duel core... Prices are probably going to drop at the end of the month so I would look for one then... the 3800 x2 is supposedly going to be something like 170 cheap... plus with the newer games coming out, they are more than likely going to utilize the duel core in the core program so you won't loose either way... multitasking or gaming...

(Raises a hand and chants... Duel Core... Duel Core... Duel Core!) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom