STREAMING Live video from tv to internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasan2005

Beta member
Ok guys, I asked a guy who used to work for a multimedia company and this is what he said we needed in order for us to stream ourselves.

1. CPU of 2.3 or above preferrably an AMD Athalon or an Intel XEON
2. at least 2 GB of ram
3. Raid 1 enabled mobo
4. 2 SATA harddrives ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ATA+Hard+Drives )
5. average video and audio cards should be fine
6. 1 gb ethernet card
7. fast connection and static ip

He said that since what we're doing is just basically copying data (reading sending out) through the capture card, we'd only need a fast performing HDs and alot of ram to process the readin and writing, and since reading and writing doesn't take alot of CPU time we don't need one that's very good.

Can you tell me some good prices and everything from other sites ,If you guys mind.

Thanks so much

Without further information such as how you intend to incode I will make some assomptions.

I think it completely depends on the amount of data you want to stream, I streamed the last european championships from my home computer, down my cable internet connection to my work laptop so I could watch the football at my desk.

However in my case I went for a fairly small resolution and low quality sound to speed things up. Back then we where talking about a Pentium 4 low speed with a USB 2 tv capture device.
It was not entirely real time but I managed to use the software for capture that came with the USB capture device to spoil to a file on my desktop with another application (i fail to recall its name but I found it when looking for shoutcast software) to stream the file to my work laptop.

If i recall correctly I had issues with two applications accessing the same file at once but we got round that.

I am sure it would be easier to do these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom