Strange problems?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goliath

Baseband Member
Every time i play a game on my new comp. i am having problems with my graphics card just turning off...but my comp will stay on and my monitor will go into stand by mode.

many people say "oh its your graphics card overheating"....but the wierd thing is, i will be on the internet some night and the stupid thing will still turn off? I have a cases with extra fans, so i dont think its a heating problem.

Then people say its you powersupply overheating...but i tell them i have a Antec neopower 480 which i believe gives a good enough punch without being over worked. But i am not gonna lie, this psu runs pretty hot, but would that result in the graphics turning off.

I am about to send in my graphics card to BFG so they will replace it witha new 7900gtoc. and i will see what happens. But i was wondering whats the best powersupply, that runs really cool and is nicely priced?

Any ideas and or help with my dilema will be appreciated! ;)

PC wizard is awesome....My GPU temp is 46'C, GPU diode 35'C. and GPU fan is only at 17% <--Is that the problem...seems week. Are there any other temps you need to know, to help me out?

Goliath said:
PC wizard is awesome....My GPU temp is 46'C, GPU diode 35'C. and GPU fan is only at 17% <--Is that the problem...seems week. Are there any other temps you need to know, to help me out?

Those temperatures are just fine. 7900 GTs can get up to 130ºC before your chip will tell you that it's that hot, and also it'll start to reduce the core speed. I'm positive it's not your temps, especially since it does it when you're just surfing the net.

try defragging the hdd, after a install it might have something on it. very unlikely but worth a shot. Then I wouldn't know. :(

I think i am leaning towards a faulty card, so i am just gonna send it in and get a new one for free...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom