Stock SLI 8800gt beats GTX by 2k in 3dmark

Status
Not open for further replies.
an 8800gts in SLi beats an 8800ultra... but since the 8800ultra is like gtx prices (thanks a billion frys :)) its better to go with the Ultra.. plus the cooler is better looking, runs cooler, and takes up less power..

XD I shoulda bought my ultra last not first >.> man.. I wanted to get the hard ones to save for out of the way.. Didn't figure the price would drop before i was even done haha

True, but I'll have to buy a new motherboard along with that. I didn't know P5K wasn't SLI when I bought it. Stupid oversight on my part.

Aye, gotta think though. The watercooling loop I had set to be ordered was 500-700$ + all the hassle of cleaning and leak testing. And petra's Never has any parts in stock lol. So phase cooler isnt so bad for 500. IF I can get it shipped at a decent price. Mother works for UPS and shes sayin 200-300$ lol. Heck no.. for that price i could get a new Mobo And Ultra. But I'd still have to buy the water setup. Air's great and all that but I wont really be satisfied with 3.6. And I'm not gonna spend 8 hours with my processor on sandpaper XD

Never thought about electricity.. but it's gonna be about the same as the beer fridge I have in the garage >.>

I guess this all depends on shipping costs for a 20KG item from west to east coast and accross the border lmao. Sometimes I curse living up here.

Why phase or even water cooling when a TRUE and good fan can be had for under 100 bucks. Heck you would probably be better off just selling your cpu and getting a g0 with good air cooling at 3.6ghz like mine rather than blowing 600+ on cooling. Also, p35 and x38 only support crossfire, you have to drop down to 680i chipset boards to get sli.

Perhaps there willin to pay that much more just so it's silent- gotta remember most those nice fans sound like turbines when they have to cool that much.

I dunno about Ultras- I think they just lost there edge- not just from GT but the new 9 series coming out and all- you know there going to drop drastically in price- and if the 9 series turns out to be what we all claim- probably in popularity too- think of all the Ultra users that will want to immediately go 9 if its so great and all- there going to want at least a little bit of the money they blew on the ultra back to help pay for it.

If your going to buy your ultra from them remember- used/probably OC/energy use/ finally beat. Don't pay more then what Newegg or someone else has for them. lol.

Can't get a G0. That's why I got stuck with the B3 to begin with. ClubIT refused to ship to canada, NCIX holds No guarentees. Otherwise I'd be fine with a true and 3.6. Heck I'd love it, thats 600$ I could spend getting my 24" 3 weeks sooner. but I won't settle for 3.2. I'll Go buy a QX for spite before that XD At least they're G0 guarenteed. And I know p35 only supports crossfire... Now. I didn't when I went ahead and ordered the P5K. I Havent even bothered thinking about sending it back because I'd be stuck payign shipping And the restocking fee.

About the ultra. I already have it, from 4 weeks ago-ish. And just because some new card's have come out doesnt mean it magically dropped its performance. I could care less about an 'edge' it had over the other cards. Someone wants to go brag about 'my card's better than yours' go right ahead. I was interested in its performance output. And whether I go single or SLI I won't be disappointed with it. And about the price, unless you want to buy my parts and ship them to canada and have me pay you back for them, minus the international duties... I'm stuck with canadian pricing, which is usually 20-50$ higher than US. Nothing about that can be changed. US companies are only worried about saving paperwork, not providing service to a wider range of people.

As for the 9 series, you guys might like waiting and waiting for months or years for new stuff to come out but I'd rather enjoy what I can use now and upgrade if I have to. I'm way to impatient to play the waiting game for the rest of eternity ^^ That being said, I could still probably get 400 out of the ultra when 9 series comes out if I play my cards right.

If you like PC's it sucks living in canada unless you got some buddies in the US. I'm working with what i've got.

If i turn all my case fans down to low my box is almost silent. But i like the extra cooling. Heh ya i bought the p5k vanilla before i got my ds3r and didnt particularly care for it. But i had bought mine from microcenter so i was able to return it. Doh on the g0.

oh and I too would be surprised and disapointed if 2 sli 8800GT didn't beat 1 ultra...look at there base stats.. then add another card... if it didn't beat the ultra something is seriously wrong.

and yea.. low settings is less noise- but if your runnin that much stuff- low is going to burn em out and not cool them like they need- so they HAVE to have higher settings >,<

You Sli 2 ultras or 8800Gt and see how hot you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom