Starting over

Status
Not open for further replies.

karpfish24

In Runtime
ok, well couple onths back i was on here was gonna buy my comp back then but things got messed up and now i wanna start over. Right now all i have are my case (xion II silver) and my psu(antec TP II 550 WATT(i thinik,not sure about watts)

cann you guys reccomend me a setup for i guess800 and under not including monitor keyboard and mouse. tks

All those you listed are good. The MSI motherboard is great for any budget. The others seem like good choices for your budget. You might want to throw in 2 GB of value RAM (Corsair or G.Skill are two good brands).

2gb may be out of budget. i was thinking ablut like 200 or something gig sata150 hd, maybe a gig of ram corsair value. and then just random floppy drive and a good dual layer burner maybe even 2 probably not though. also i was thinking a big typhoon heatsink fan cpu cooler anything esle i should get?

only get the hs and fan if your going to overclock, i just bought the 3700+ and am using the stock hsf and my temps are low.

Nope, now way the 6800GT, the 6800GS can kill the 6800U when heavily OC'ed, and it's half the price. The 6800GT barely beats the 6800GS in any benchies, in the few benchies it does win in ... for the ~$100 more, the 6800GT isn't worth it. Only the 6600GT, 6800GS and 7800GT are really worth buying for Nvidia cards, excellent price - performance ratios. I guess the 7800GTX too if you got the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom