Started my computer after being gone for a week, what happened?! (Pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're not already, run DVI instead of VGA. It might seem like a goofy suggestion, but you're Sceptre monitor should accept DVI as my Sceptre 20.1 in. does.

If you're not already, run DVI instead of VGA. It might seem like a goofy suggestion, but you're Sceptre monitor should accept DVI as my Sceptre 20.1 in. does.

I am running in DVI mode right now. I wonder if it would make a difference if I switched PCI slots?

I had the same problem. Try:
1. Removing the card from the slot and blowing out the slot.
2. Use a different VGA or DVI cable (try both).
3. Move the DVI or VGA cable to the other connector on the videocard. (This worked to me on my old 6600GT card.)
4. Re-install video drivers.
5. RMA the motherboard.

Certainly worth moving the card to a different slot if you have one aswell, doesnt take a second...........

There's also a slim possibility it could be something to do with the monitor. Try plugging it into something else and making sure it's not your screen before moving on.

The chances that it's the monitor are pretty much non-existant. But it's such a small thing to do, and anything that saves some time is always good. :)

If it comes down to it, Ill move the card. However, last night, I had a good 6-7 hours of my PC working fine. I turned on the PC this morning, and everything seems to be working. If I get ONE more flicker, Ill switch the PCI slot.

One thing thats interesting however.......is my Sound Card USED to be in the same PCI slot that the Graphics Card is in right now. I was having sound problems (computer would freeze, my sound would loop). So I eventually swapped PCI slots with the Graphics and Sound card, and my sound has worked perfect since, however now my graphics card is not working right.......hmm, bad/dirty PCI slot? But why would the new RMA'd Graphics Card work better than the old one?

BTW, thanks for all the informative responses!

Well unless theres a new soundcard out that i dont know about... they usaully run in a REGULAR PCI slot.... 1st off it shuldnt have worked... but if it did it prolly def screwed that slot up then wen u plugged in ur 8800 the slot screwed that card up.. and now its prolly workin on screwin up this new card... just a theory... I mean i may be misunderstanding wat yall are sayin but if he put a SoundCard in a PCIE slot... u better RMA ur board.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom