Not open for further replies.

Night Fox

OCZ SSD Enthusiast
Asus P5q motherboard
Ultra LS500 PSU
Intel Q9400
WD 500GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Above are my current specs (well, the necessary ones...if you need something else, then please ask). I've been looking at SSD's for quite a while now and I believe I've found the one I want to purchase: OCZ Vertex 2. I am planning on taking out my old hard drive, put in this SSD, go into the BIOS and boot from Windows 7 install disk and install it on the SSD. After reading some reviews, I got to thinking that this may not be as easy as described above. I read something about ICH9R controllers not working with this SSD...is this only for RAID...? I'm not planning on any RAID setup. Will ICH10R controller work just fine?

Also, I'm not sure what to do with my old hard drive. Can I just plug it back in after installing windows 7 on my SSD, and then copy all of the files to an external hard drive, and then format that drive, then put everything back on? Or is there a better way?

A fast SSD will always make things better and a computer more enjoyable. You can simply use your other drive for bigger programs and storage.

So this SSD (or the one mindovermaster recommended) will work fine with my motherboard, etc? I don't have to do any tinkering or special changes or anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom