SSD? Which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NutterzUK

Baseband Member
Ok, this is maybe the second thread i've made about SSDs, but i'm sure a lot of you here will know a lot more about them than me.
I've been getting a whole load of irritating problems including a BSOD, and.. i've decided I think it's my hard drive. It finds errors with chkdsk often and when I repair the windows startup it says " Repairing hard drive faults ".

So.. I'm wanting something fast, a new SSD for my comp. I might as well as i'm getting a new hard drive anyway.
What kind of SSD would you suggest? Which one? Links would be extremely helpful.
I'm looking at spending £150 at the most. I can live with a 32GB drive as I have a 1tb hard drive for file storage. I'd just install games and the OS + office on the SSD.

I wouldn't want to go higher than 150 unless it's an amazing ssd. Also, I need to be sure that the SSD wouldn't get too much slower over time as i've heard the older ones do. I don't want it to be good for a few months then be really slow.
Also, are they hard to install with windows 7? Do i need to muck around with any settings?

Cheers

baih, the link sent me to Vista. I researched further and the presentation about w7 wouldn't open into my version of powerpoint. I can't say if the info in this link is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom