SSD for Intel SRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeith1821

Beta member
I am installing a 120GB SSD to hold my OS (windows 7 Pro (64 bit)) and a few other system prorams and a 1T HDD for everything else. so that leaves me with probably about 1/2 of the SSD and was wondering if I can partition the SSD the use the other half as a SSD cache for the Intel SRT ferature that the Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Mobo has. the following link shows the ssytem I am going to order and was looking for any constructive critism and suggestions. Thanks in advance for any help of opinions you can provide.

Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

Not sure about the SSD question...I just wanted to make a comment on your build...you don't really need an anti-static wrist strap...you could just run a wire from any sink pipe and hook the other end to your waist. Or, if you don't have the necessary wire, you could just go without, just make sure you don't rub on any carpet and touch your case often. Or, if you're set on the wrist strap, you only need one... :)

I was on the fence about the wrist straps too and others have also suggested dropping them. The reason I was ordering 2 was because it's a project my son and I are doing togeather and didn't want to have to switch it back and forth. I didn't want to leave you with the image of someone working with a strap on each wrist, i'm new to this but not an idiot, (unless you ask my wife) who thinks i'm crazy for spending over $2000 on a computer anyway. oh well it's not the first time shes had that opinion about me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom