Split between two CPU's

Status
Not open for further replies.

YsoL8

Solid State Member
Hello

I'm just starting a budget gaming build. I can't decide between an Intel Core i7-930 or a Core i5-750. The i7 is at the end of my budget for a cpu. What are your experiences with either of these, and which would you recommend? What are the differences between the i5 and i7 ranges?

Or do you know a better CPU?

Everything I've heard so far puts Intel CPU's some way ahead, so if you suggest an AMD item, please explain why.

if your going for a gaming build i have read that the i5 and up to the i7 870 are great for gaming. I have an i7 950 and i can't complain i mean its really hard to utilize 100% of the cpu. and with the 930 you have to go with triple Chanel memory. with the 1156 socket cpu's its dual channel so 2,4,8 .etc instead of 3,6,12. if you got with the i5 your saving money where you can spend it on a better video card or more ram.

If your just interested in gaming then go with an i5. My 750 tears everything up no problem. You dont exactly need the triple channel ram, or the HT unless your video encoding or doing some CPU intensive things. Plus the i5 setup is cheaper in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom