Speeding Up the Page File

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so, I'm running a system that only supports Ultra ATA 133 or lesser drives. so what role if any does RPM and Cache have to do with read/write speed if any, and at what point do these things no longer provide any real benefit on a ATA 133 connection?

generally, faster RPM drives are faster. more cache will make the hard drive faster for short bursts only.

during those short bursts, a faster transfer rate like SATA150 will make a difference between ATA100 because the cache is a lot faster than the read/write stage of the hard drive

however, if you were comparing two drives, one SATA150 and one ATA100 drive, otherwise identical, their constant output would be the same, because the RPM of the disk and speed of the read/write heads are the same.

In cases with two physically hard drives, you should put the pagefile on the drive that does NOT have the operating system and games installed on it.

Yes I had heard that's a good idea. I'm in fact planning on doing that, but I'll need a new power supply first to support the extra HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom