Specs on a quality system for my needs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillyphilly

Beta member
Hey..im currently starting uni and I am in need of my own personal computer for all the stuff I need to do. Now i dont know alot about the specs of a computer and I was hopefully looking for advice on a computer that will suit what i need to do.
Im thinking ill need to run multiple programs including photshop, flash, the internt, and listening to music at the same time.
Im thinking ill need a good graphics or video card, a pretty good proccessor (intel core2 duo E 6400-6600) and at least a GB of RAM...and a good monitor (19 inch).

Any advice on a custom computer package?

Now i dont know alot about computers make up and stuff but to me this sounds like an okay package.

• Express system assembly with O/S installation
• Coolermaster Centurion Aluminium Case w/430W PSU
• Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 - 2.13GHz - (1066FSB/2MB Cache)
• Pioneer 18x DVD Super Multi Burner OEM [DVR-112DBK]
• Maxtor 320G 7200RPM SATA-II 8MB Cache [6A320E0]
• Genius Multimedia Keyboard & optical Mouse
• XFX PCIe GeFORCE 7300GS Supp 512MB DDR2 DVI/VGA/TV
• Gigabyte GA-9VM900M
• 19" Benq FP92W (Silver-Black)
• 2G RAM DDR2 667Mhz Generic (1G X 2 )
• 1000W Juster with subwoofer (3D-503)
• Rock Retractable Earphones with Microphone [MEARPHM-RE]
• Click 2-point Surge Protector

all this for around $1400 (australian) which would be like $1100 (US) or 560 (UK)
Is this a good deal?! and can anyone give some advice on any upgrades or parts i should change.

That system is okay but build it only takes a couple of hours and is really simple just plug the right wire in the right port no soldering or anything needed. Im the captain of the rugby team and i could do it lol its not a nerdy thing to do just saves money

If you build this is what i will recommend:

Motherboard: Abit Aw9d-max
Cpu: E6600 (if you wait until april the E6420)
Ram: 3gb-4gb (media design and editing takes alot of ram to work efficiently)
Video card: this depends completely if you will play games if not then a 7600gt or whatever your budget allows if you will be gaming then the 320mb 8800gts would be best.
Hdd: Seagate barracuda 7200.10 (quick efficient and good warranty) whichever size you need 320gb as main plus storage hdd
Psu: Antec, fortron, ocz (discusss after you have decided on what you want)
Monitor: ive heard good things about

So if you just tell me some more specifications you need then i will help you choose your components......

Matt

well I am uk lol so usd doesn't help do you have a preferred online retailer??? as I only know a couple of Australian stores and i don't know if they are any good.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom