special cables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

likwiFIRE

Baseband Member
Ok, so I bought a new Dell Machine, and I want to put a hard drive in it that I already have in my current machine. This hard drive is not my main hard drive and it only contains music. When I opened up the Dell Machine to put it in, I noticed that the current hard drive in the Dell computer was connected to the computer with a serial-ata cable. The Hard Drive I have needs an ATA-133 IDE cable. Is there a cable I can purchase anywhere that is a Serial-ATA to IDE cable?

lol sorry for not clearly explaining my situation, (this is one of my first time's experiencing a DELL, I always make custom computers). I finally understand how DELL makes there computers so cheap. the ONLY plugs / connectors / anything on the mobo that are there, are the ones that are being used and no extras. So the stupid DELL mobo does not have an empty connector, or pretty much ANYTHING empty. It also comes with only 2 pci slots, and NO AGP slot! ...I hate dell, they are retarded and gay. but anyways, ya back to my problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom