Special Building Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebleakness

Banned
Yes i know this has been asked alot and i have searched for it.

I have read all of the guides i could find and i know the steps i am going to take to build my computer. I was just wondering what your special tips when building a new computer. Everyone here seems too know alot of info and has experience with this. Thanks a bunch.

Ground yourself before you touch any of your components.

Don't force anything, it may not belong there.

I bought a zalman 9500 and it came in the mail today. That thing is massive. Im a bit worried about it hitting the side cooling fan on my case.

It looks massive, but when you get it in it will be just fine. I have one and have like 4 inches between the end of it any the edge of my case.

Ridlyn said:

Well, if they want to get that processor working again, they'll definitely need to find the missing piece before they superglue it back together.

As to tips.... well, when building a new rig, I find it's best to leave your hammer in the other room and make sure there aren't any baseball bats within reach.

You'll understand why once you've spent an hour trying to figure out which delicate, expensive component is seated improperly, preventing you from booting up your new machine.

This is going to be my setup:

DFI NF4 Ultra-D LANPARTY
Opteron 148
2x 120gb Seagate barracudas in RAID0
eVGA 7800GT w/ copper heatsink
Zalman 9500 cpu cooler
Xion II case (it was on sale)
2 x 1gb G. Skill Extreme Series RAM
OCZ powerstream 520W psu
asus DVD burner

I have everything except the mobo, psu, and cpu and those should be here on monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom