Spec me a build for 3D modeling/video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a few cases I've been looking at. Any thoughts, anything I should steer clear of? They're all about the same price, so is it case of just pick a case? Any other models I should consider?

Newegg.ca - NZXT WHISPER WHI - 001BK Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.ca - Thermaltake Spedo VI90001N2Z Black 0.8 mm SECC Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases probably my favorite
Newegg.ca - NZXT Zero Black/Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Saltynay – thanks for clearing up the other issues.

would it be worth it him getting a quadro or would a highend 2 series card run just as good. i thought even in cad new cards work well.

I've been looking at the videocards and both of the PNY models spec'ed by saltynay aren't SLI compatible. To get SLI with this brand (or any workstation card) I'd have to spend $900, ie NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700, something I'm not willing to do.

Kobe24 – could you explain what a 2 series card is? I had a look through the selection options on newegg and didn't find anything that seemed to fit.

Philbar71 – that looks like a quality case. I overlooked it initially because of all the blue light. How easy is it disable all of the eyecandy?

Anyone have suggestions for the cpu cooler?
Thanks guys.

The 2 series cards he's referring to are the GT200 series, like the GTX260,275,285,295. They aren't specifically workstation cards, but they are powerful nonetheless.

I have suggestions for RAM and for a CPU cooler.

This is the same cost (about) as that Patriot RAM after MIR, but it's faster with better timings: Newegg.ca - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

As for a CPU cooler, this one is cool: Newegg.ca - XIGMATEK Dark Knight-S1283V 120mm Long Life Bearing CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

But the i7 will come with a stock HSF. If you aren't planning on overclocking, you really wouldn't need an aftermarket HSF, but it's a personal preference.

A workstation card will do the best for a non-gaming machine. They are alot more expensive, but if there is no gaming then you should not even really consider a gaming card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom