Speaker system shakin up the whole dorm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My speakers and subwoofer are shielded.

My main worries was not actually the magnets but rather the vibrations caused by the subwoofer.

You know, like an iPod, it has a feature that it turns its hard drive off when it detects some huge vibration so that the harddrive doesnt break.

I was just curious if the vibrations that are caused by the subwoofer will affect my harddrive if its spinning at 100% speed and cause it to crash or something.

My speakers and subwoofer are shielded.

My main worries was not actually the magnets but rather the vibrations caused by the subwoofer.

You know, like an iPod, it has a feature that it turns its hard drive off when it detects some huge vibration so that the harddrive doesnt break.

I was just curious if the vibrations that are caused by the subwoofer will affect my harddrive if its spinning at 100% speed and cause it to crash or something.

To be honest I think any sort of significant vibration at close proximity with the computer is a BAD thing. Its probably not so bad that your hard drive would crash any second but I think subwoofers should never be right next to the computer especially if its a high powered one.

To be honest I think any sort of significant vibration at close proximity with the computer is a BAD thing. Its probably not so bad that your hard drive would crash any second but I think subwoofers should never be right next to the computer especially if its a high powered one.

Not really. Most computer cases have rubber foots. This helps to dampen vibrations. Think about this: The vibrations of a sub cannot near drive enough force to damage a HD. If you pound your table very hard, the computer isn't gonna die.

Well my sub is not closer than 3 feet from my computer. It's located right under the desk and three feet to the left below my tower......

Exact location will be like say if the tower is (0,0) then the sub is like..... (-3, -3).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom