soyo and ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrAzY_GaMeR_07

Daemon Poster
i have 2x 512mb sticks, both diffrent brands. I am trying to run them in my Soyo motherboard. It has 2 slots and DOES NOT SUPPORT DUAL CHANNEL, so it doesnt matter they are not matching. Both sticks work in both slots, by themselves, but when used together, no matter what one is in what slot, it only reads 512mb, not 1024mb. The mobo had a max cap. if 1gb of ram.... Ideas?

I have a stick of ram with some some contact issues and if I accidently bump into it or sometimes when the computer moves it stops working. Then I have to reseat it a bunch of times to get the computer to recognize it. Just bad contact I bet and you might have to reseat it multiple times.

i had 2x 256mb before these, and worked fine no problems. I dont hink it is a bad slot because each stick worked in each slot by itslef. o_O

Could it be timings or something of that nature?

~Joe

May sound a little far fetched. But blow some air on the slot and the RAM. My friends mobo had some dust in it, and he blew air on it. RAM worked fine after that.

I have also seen instances where 2 sticks of RAM will not work with each other. I don't know why, but it does suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom