Soundcards

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
ok i havent got much room in this here room, BUT i want better sound than im getting from my built in moniter speakers, so i saw some good quality 2.1 speakers(2 good speakers and a nice big sub), now my question is, would a straight out of the factory soundcard be ok for running that or would i need an all singing all dancing jobbie? or would it work but sound not as good as it would with an after market soundcard?

yeah ok? that would work with a basic to mid level soundcard would it?

Just had a look on dxdiag and my soundcard is "realtek ac97", so just your basic soundcard isnt it?

this is what u do buy the speakers and see if u can hear difference. if u can, and like the speakers stay with then. if u dont like then return it back. and try again if a second set of good speakers also sound bad. Then move to the soundcard. genrally the onboard sound card sounds k.

Ok one more thing, would it be possible to get something like the above setup AND still have my built in speakers working? i dont think i can as ill need to unplug it to put the new ones in?

if u have built in speakers, and dont want to use it, or you do want to use it even if u have your other speakers, just go to control panel and sound, and tell the computer which ones to use.

Yes i know that but what im saying is, if i get speakers and sub then this will have to plugged into the socket that my in built speakers are plugged into wouldnt it? in which case they wont work :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom