soundcard for vista = worthless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to suck, my SB X-FI Platinum will be useless if I upgrade to Vista like I planned. Microsoft takes another step down the ladder to appeal to the masses.

Vista is crap anyway. I just finished buying 95% of the components for my new computer and I'll be damned if I'll taint it with something like Vista

I hope Microsoft has the common sense to bury it instead of requiring an upgrade

J.

Vista is fine, it's better than XP. Do a clean install, and you're all set. Mine works great.

You can customize everything from the location of default folders, to the color of winows. Not to mention, system restore actually works in vista.

so i take it we agree soundcards are useless for those running Vista?

so i take it we agree soundcards are useless for those running Vista?

No. I had vista for over a month and my soundcard worked almost as well as in xp except for a few bugs. I have since reverted back to XP with the vista transformation pack because I do like the black look.

BennyV......vista surely is not better than XP. There really is not a defining feature of vista that I used that was little more than a slight perk. Driver support right now is pathetic, not really microsoft's fault (except with the x-fi). One thing that IS microsoft's fault is the BSOD. My computer kept crashing, at least twice a day, and I could not find a solution so I said fk it. Also I couldn't do any of the things I REALLY wanted to do in vista. 1)OC my computer (my computer refuses to OC from the BIOS, so I require gigabyte's overclocking utility) and 2) OC my graphics card.

Nothing about vista really screams "OMG AWESOME" and I have no idea why they spent so much money in to creating a new OS instead of just a SP3 for XP.

Vista simply works. It's effortless. It's consistent. It's dependable. IT doesn't have to scream "OMG AWESOME" when all an OS has to do is simply work properly. It is completely customizable and overall is just a much more enjoyable experience than XP. Not to mention its the only OS that supports DX10. That's enough to omg me anyday.

Vista simply works. It's effortless. It's consistent. It's dependable. IT doesn't have to scream "OMG AWESOME" when all an OS has to do is simply work properly. It is completely customizable and overall is just a much more enjoyable experience than XP. Not to mention its the only OS that supports DX10. That's enough to omg me anyday.

It doesn't just work, it isn't completely customizable (more than XP, yes), hardly consistent and dependable, and effortless? I dont even know what you mean by that. The only defining feature is DX10 which doesn't mean much right now.

XP is much better for power users, it works faster. I have Vista ultimate dual booted on this computer with XP pro and its just not quite as quick.

I've done some tweaks to vista too - took off some of the bloat, took off that irritating User Account Control window that pops up everytime you want to change something.

Vista is more fisher-price toy looking than XP too.

You will always have someone that thinks VISTA is the best thing to ever happen..
Its easier to just let them think such. Rather than argue with them..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom