Soundcard Installation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
I have just ordererd my new soundcard,X-FI XtremeGamer, and new set of headphones,Audio-Technica ATH A700.

Could someone give me the step by step for installing my new soundcard.

I am thinking I uninstall my audio drivers, and any audio software before installing my soundcard, but I'm just not sure....a step by step would really help.

I can't wait to get my stuff, I'm pumped up and can't wait to hear my new sound.

Any help will be really appreciated guys, thanks.

Really easy,

1.go into add/remove in control panel and remove your onboard(or old soundcard) drivers and any related software to it.
2.Turn off the pc
3.Install the soundcard
4.switch pc back on
5.windows should automatically detect the new sound card and ask for the cd, put the cd in and install software/drivers on the cd
6.Restart the pc(although it should prompt you to do this anyway)

Then when the pc is back on go into the Creative volume panel and have a look on the options and make sure its set to 2.1/5.1 etc or whatever set up you have otherwise you might find you haven't got sound coming out of one speaker or something, and have a play around with the settings, for example i have "X-fi cmss 3d" and "X-fi crystallizer" turned on, makes my sound in mp3's ten times better and my sub is much more punchy.

Let us know if you want any more tips

Do you have some decent 5.1 speakers or better? if you dont then you wont get the best out of that card just using headphones! i know headphones these days can be very good for playing games but i think the whole experience comes to life more when your surround by speakers and have a nice big sub pumping out the bass on the explosions in games etc

No, i do not have any 5.1 speakers.

I was under the impression that with the X-FI Xtreme Gamer and the Audio-Technic ATH A700 Cans, that i would get an awsome gaming experience??

If I don't I am gonna be bummed big time!

Can anybody else jump in here and make me feel better, LOL

Am i gonna be happy with this set-up?

Havok, and 003 and a few others thought I would be very happy with these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom