Which Soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason to consider the elite pro is because of the higher quality DACs.

Well, I'm going to be buying some 5.1 Logitech speakers, so I'd like a good sound card to back it up. In CS:S I think I here someone coming from one direction, then they come from a different one. Is that because of no sound card, or bad headphones?

The only ones I recommend is the Xtreme Music and the Platinum (because of the drive bay).

The XRAM on the fatality sucks for the money. First off the game has to support it and second the games only get around 1 or 2 fps increase.

I would have gotten the Xtreme Music and put the money I saved from buying the fatality and put it towards a Ageia PPU coming out in May.

cyrax said:
Well, I'm going to be buying some 5.1 Logitech speakers, so I'd like a good sound card to back it up. In CS:S I think I here someone coming from one direction, then they come from a different one. Is that because of no sound card, or bad headphones?

Reversed right/left channel maybe.

It is definetely not because of no sound card or bad headphones, unless your headphones are mono, in which case you wouldn't be able to hear direction at all.

Also, speakers are more important than sound card. High quality speakers/stereo system will sound better on a crappy $5 sound card than cheap speakers will sound from a $600 sound card.

Unless you are buying a professional hifi set w/ high end speakers, it is really not worth it spending more than $50 on a sound card IMO.
Don't know about head phones, though.

Also, for listening MP3's it doesn't really matter, cause they sound bad anyway.

if you are an extreme audiophile, go with either one of the cards you mentioned. however, i would recommend the xtrememusic, since most ppl have no use for anything more high end than that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom