Sound on MSI P6N SLI-FI

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
Is the quality on that board any good, or will the driver support on soundblaster xfi-extreme audio for XP good enough that I can buy it?

Wait what do you mean exactly? Most onboard audio these days is decent enough. What do you mean driver support? driver support with a mobo eh?

sorry i didn't word my question correctly i meant driver support for the xfi card, and guess what i found a ddr2-800 stick for my PC yay!! too bad its a corsair XMS2 1 GB stick

anyways how would it OC' with that MSI P6n SLI-FI with an e4300 and Corsair XMS2 1 GB Stick

The drivers should be fine for an Xfi card if you get one.

That set-up should get you 3.0ghz or something...the E4300's are kind of weird as I have seen ones that don't go past 3.5 and then theres ones that go past 3.5 so it all depends.

Most are around 3.0 and that set-up will work fine.

if i go to 3.0 Ghz do i need to increase the voltage, cuz i'm totally scared to fry my RAM and u mean i can get past 3.5 Ghz? wow... i intended of going to 2.8 ghz lol!!

the x-fi will give u really clearsound. compared to onboard audio theres a big difference its partically good for gaming everythin sounds so 3d. really goo on my x-530's :)

I've been looking at the Creative sound cards on newegg, and I can't see any optical out or digital coax out on the back of the boards. Is ther an internal hook up to take the output of a creative card to the motherboard's optical or digital coax out?

The lower end Audigys really don't have any heavy multimedia options. They have EAX support for gaming and really are gaming cards. The X-Fi Platinum has those I believe....but there are a lot better cards for sound alone in the price range....they just don't support EAX for the extra few FPS in gaming.

Well most likely unless you get VERY lucky the E4300 will end somewhere around 3.0ghz. I have seen ones that go that high but it's very iffy. Even at 2.8ghz you may have to up the Vcore a tiny bit to get it stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom