Sound Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

theshonen8899

In Runtime
The way I have my sound system right now is Logitech Z-4 with Creative Sound Blaster Live!.

I just got these speakers and I love the way they look so I don't plan on replacing them anytime soon. If I was to get a new sound card, would there be much difference or would the speakers hold me back?

I'm currently debating over a Auzen Tech XPlosion card or a classic Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi. I've also seen the Razer barracuda card but I'm not sure weather or not that's worth waiting for.

If you really believe my speakers won't let me take advantage of a new sound card then please let me know. I really don't want to pay the shipping charges for returning it to newegg.

Thanks for you help,

~ theshonen

I can honestly say that the xfi is amazing
I have it, and it wont disappoint

Its good for surrund sound,
plenty of configurations,
easy to use,
looks cool,
best sound card for games,
good for people stuck with a two speaker setup,
u can easily configure one setup for movies + music, and make another for games and such,
U can easily increase bass...
and many many more

If you are a gamer.. it would be stupid to get any other brand other than creative, its like the microsoft of sound cards ;)

B4 i got xfi, i had onboard sound... wow, its amazing

I wouldnt get the fatality or premium editions... they are all the same, get xtreme music or for the accessories, get the platinum

And the razer thingy.. looks weird, i wouldnt wait for it

I was on onboard audio too but using the Sound Blaster Live! also made it sound wayyyy better. Now it sounds as good as an ipod. I'm not sure how much of an upgrade Live is to X-Fi.

I have heard bad things about random Creative Labs cards, but you know the most likely people to post a review are the ones with negative comments.

I am planning on getting an Auzentech piece myself. First ones to hit Dolby certification. Why not avoid the band-wagon.

For the record, iPod really isn't a High-Fidelity device IMO. The difference b/w mine and my home theater setup is amazing. Though, MP3 players are hugely convenient!

k1000.jpg

AudioValve.jpg

:drool:

The reason I was considering an AuzenTech was because most people who bought it have tried the X-Fi and said it performed better (excluding the 24-bit Crystalizer).

I wasn't saying ipod had incredible sound quality. I just wanted to say that my computer's audio was at standard =\

since you have 2.1 speakers i would go for teh x-fi, but if you had 5.1's or plan to upgrade in a few years get the xplosion. sound quality is better than x-fi and it can stream 2.0 sound files to 5.1 very well. crystallizer isnt very great on x-fi, so if thats why your leaning toward x-fi i would think again.

I heard reviews about the crystalizer making normal mp3's sound better. I also heard the X-Fi can take stress off the cpu for sound processing but the Auzentech should be capable of doing that as well.

I really just want to know wheather or not a new card will make a difference for my current sound system though, not wheather or not to get a Auzentech or X-Fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom