Sound Card XtremeGamer vs. XtremeGamerFatal1ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

the:megalon

Baseband Member
I ordered a Creative Labs sound card Xtreme Gamer, and I just recently saw the Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty and I'm wondering: is there a big jump in performance and quality? It's been pestering me since I'm a big fan of audio and I wanted to know if there's a big performance jump between them. I heard that Fatal1ty is like a processor unit to a graphics card, just an extra bonus feature, but other people say otherwise. Also, do you think the XtremeGamer will be affective within some good quality headphones???

Thank much very.

i think the only difference is that the Fatal1ty has x-ram which is meant to help with frame rate in games when the sound is on ultra high settings, but apparently the improvement is hardly noticeable, you will be more than happy with the card your getting, trust me ;)

Audio: Get all the basic X-Fi improvements. That's it.
You don't get EAX 5.0 or anything else.

Gamer: Plus EAX 5.0, which is all about surround sound.

Music: Plus tons of additional software to improve the sound, like Crystallizer, which is supposed to make mp3s sound as if they are CD's. Also, has a serial port (?!) and the ability to play 192kHz in certain situations (Digital to Analog I believe)

Fatal1ty Pro: Music + 64MB XRAM, which is supposed to remove the overhead for the CPU in processing multiple voices at once (really helpful for Battlefield Games).

Fatal1ty: Fatal1ty Pro + a front facing bay for lots of inputs.

Elite Pro: The bay is replaced with a box, so that you can have easy access to even more inputs outside the computer, and a remote's included. ASIO recording's included, so you can work with say Pro Tools with little problem. IMO, it's best to get a card specifically for recording like M Audio's Delta series, since they run cheaper and have better quality, if you don't mind not having the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom