Sound Card for Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the x530s and got an X-FI xtrememusic after my onboard sound fried somehow...there is a bit of a difference in sound quality particularily in games IMO and it picks up my mic better I think, but other than that I don't think a sound card is worth over $100 unless you're doing more recording/mixing and crap rather than just playback

It's a decent card, I just don't think it's worth the pricetag and the whole "CPU Load" thing is complete BS considering you can't honestly think a CPU isn't powerful enough to process some basic wav or MP3 playback...I guess I'm just picky and wanted something that had fairly decent backing from most sources

Sound quality from speakers doesn't matter when it comes to the amount of similtanious sounds. I can play on integrated but the extra sounds and quality is good. If integrated sound isn't good enough for you I would get the X-Fi because the Audigy cards don't give that much of increased quality over integrated that is worth the price, but thats just me. As far as the sound blaster Live! cards, they sound just like integrated and that 30 bucks and PCI slot would go to waste.

Basically I'm saying if integrated sound isn't good enough for you go for one that has some of the best features. But if you are in a position w/o functioning sound than a $xx sound card would be fine. I am just saying don't waste money on something that isn't so much different from what you already have. This is different depending on the person (and their ears). If you don't agree with me who cares? Go on with your life and don't submit useless posts like this:

Green Radience said:
*Sigh* When will they learn...

X-Fi extreme music sounds pretty much teh same comparing to the elite pro..it just has less functions (which you will hardly need them unless your building a home studio) and at 117 dollars its really really worth the money

the 24-bit crystalizer is da shiz...my mp3s never sounded this good

yeah im eventually going to go w/ the platinum, cause i record and **** so thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom