Sound card or O/B sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

F6Hawk

Baseband Member
Since I am getting the DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR, is it really worth it to get a X-Fi or Audigy 2Z card for sound? The mobo has 8 channel sound already.

I plan on using the Logitech THX Z-5300e 280 Watts RMS 5.1 Speakers, so factor this in as well.

I know O/B audio can take up CPU time vs. a card, but since I plan on using a x2 440+, I didn't think it would be a real issue.

I am not an audiophile by any means, just planning on playing games and watching the occasional DVD with it.

Yes it is important for games if you want EAX and hardware audio. And for DVDs they have hardware audio decoding etc... PC Mag rated the X-fi platinum the best value.

I've never had hardware but I've strongly felt about getting a card. Mainly because I would EAX and performance increase as well as I've had some problems with onboard audio, eg. speakers switching from 5.1 to 2.1 randomly.

I use the OB audio and havent had any probs with it(yet lol), but if you have the money, go for a sound card, itll do the job much better because its dedicated to its function rather than being part of a whole set of functions.

hmm... I'm saying a sound card might be a waste of money. It does the job, and it's not even going to dent your CPU's performance... Seems like you'd be throwing money away.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom