Sound card issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Baseband Member
I've had the Logitech Premium USB Headset 350 for almost a week and wasn't that impressed with the sound quality so today I picked up a Sound Blaster XFI Extreme Music sound card. Problem is the headset sounds exactly the same but everything I plug directly into the card works fine and sounds great. Actually, the headset plays no sound what so ever unless I select it in audio options. What am I doing wrong and will a USB headset even work with a sound card?

Note: The sound card is not an upgrade. I was using the onboard sound before. Also I turned off the onboard sound in BIOS (I think) thinking that might work.

its not your sound card that was causing poor sound quality, but the headset.

since it's usb, it bypasses your sound card when you plug it in, essentially acting as its own sound card. no matter what sound card you have, the headset will sound the same. find a headset with normal 1/8" plugs to make use of your sound card.

if its not plugged into the soundcard, its not using the soundcard.

If it bypasses the soundcard, and he disabled onboard sound, why is he still hearing stuff?

Thank you Molsen. It all makes sense now. It just sucks I have to exchange yet another headset. I've had the worst luck with them.

Anyways thanks for your help and what part of Jacksonville are you from? I live in Lakewood in between San Marco and the San Jose area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom