Sound Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBD

In Runtime
Sound card?

I am planning on buying the DFI Ultra-D mobo, I have/will have my sound hooked up through my 500 watt Sony stereo receiver (only)

Should I get a sound card or just use the on-board sound? If I do get a sound card, I would want it to have RCA or Optical out, So I have a high quality connection to my receiver.

I want to be able to turn all of the sound settings in games to high.

Is this a good sound card?
(Optical out)BlueGears/HDA Digital XMYSTIQUE7.1 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829127001

All suggestions welcome:)

Sorry the topic is "a" It was a accident:eek: I tried to change it to "Sound card?" but it didn't work:(

Got it.
~Trotter

if you have a nice stereo system, you'll get the most out of it if you ditch the onboard sound for something better.

something with 24-bit sound and at least 96khz sampling....

if u listenign to music your onboard should be fine. buy a audigy 2 zs or xfi and tried it if is better then ur onboard and u think is worth it then get it.

no, it will sound fine. just some people, including myself, insist on perfect and detailed, clear sound. onboard sound is always going to have a little more noise introduced to the output as well as higher distortion levels at certain frequencies. will you be able to tell? maybe, maybe not.

it's like how some people on TF insist that must have a 7800GTX to game. I have a 6600GT and that's fine for my uses. Same goes for soundcards....it all depends on what you want out of your system.

Buy a new soundcard, install it, and see if you notice any difference. If it's not worth it, package it back up and return it.

The X-Fi XtremeMusic is the best bang for your buck sound card.

Well......I guess newegg stopped selling the sound card I had a link to.

Here is a new link to the sound card I was looking at:D What do you guys think?
http://www.frozencpu.com/snd-12.html

003, The The X-Fi XtremeMusic doesn't have RCA or optical out:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom