Sony Develops Computing Board, powered by the Cell - Page 7 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2007, 12:26 PM   #61 (permalink)
The Bulldog
Default Re: Sony Develops Computing Board, powered by the Cell

i hate the MPAA just as much as the next guy with a torrent client (did i say that aloud?) but Im just explaining to you the way things work. Im simply laying out the facts, personally I encode in avi on most things. But H.264 is what they have chosen for high Def dvds, all I can say is deal with it. When the next generation of media comes up maybe you can start a lobbying group to use an open standard.

And yes home theater systems cost a few K once you have everyhting together, you may not get it all at once but it adds up. good HD sets that to 1080p cost atleast 1K, the hi def players cost the same, the really good speakers cost a few hundred, then you need chairs and other things that you want. Its a big deal and swallows up a lot of cash. A friend of mine has stadium seating in his, seats like 15 or so people, I think that is over kill but its not my money.

<<<<<<<Rep is always welcome
Ultimate Guitar exercises/ Songs for technique
Old 08-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #62 (permalink)
Default Re: Sony Develops Computing Board, powered by the Cell

Closed Thread