Somewhat Gaming Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

motoxer4533

Try again!
Hello everyone. I'm looking for a laptop that I can take around to college, and use when I'm not using my desktop. However, I am pretty big into games (Mostly America's Army) and I do web designs too, and I want to make sure that this laptop will be able to handle them.

I have gone to places like Dell and Alienware to customize laptops, but I just don't know exactly what I'm looking for - what I need and don't need.

I don't want to spend much over $1,000, maybe up to $1,200.

Could you guys build/customize a laptop to meet my needs?

Thanks.

Your probably looking for something like this:

Dell XPS M1210

It has a nce core 2 duo processor at 2ghz which because its a duo it would be like having 4 ghz, it has 1 gb DDRII which is fine. Does anyone else know anything about the graphics, you may have to upgrade them if you have the money.

The current Minimum System Requirements for AA:SF (Coalition) are as follows:

- 3-D graphics card with 128 MB memory and support for hardware transformation and lighting
- 2.4 GHz processor or equivalent
- English version of Windows(r) 2000/XP Operating System with latest updates
- 512 MB RAM
- 3.5GB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files
- 4X DVD-ROM (not required for downloaded installations)
- Windows 2000/XP compatible system (including compatible 32-bit drivers for CD-ROM drive, video card, sound card, mouse and keyboard)
- DirectX(r)9.0
- 100% Compatible DirectX 9.0 soundcard
- 56kbps Modem or other network connection
- NVIDIA(r) nForce(tm) or other motherboards/soundcards containing the Dolby(r) Digital Interactive Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital audio

The current Recommended System Requirements for AA:SF (Coalition) are as follows:

- 3-D graphics card with 256 MB memory and support for hardware transformation and lighting
- 3.0 GHz processor or equivalent
- English version of Windows(r) 2000/XP Operating System with all updates
- 1 GB RAM
- 3.5GB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files
- 4X DVD-ROM (not required for downloaded installation)
- Windows 2000/XP compatible system (including compatible 32-bit drivers for CD-ROM drive, video card, sound card, mouse and keyboard)
- DirectX(r) 9.0
- 100% Compatible DirectX 9.0 soundcard
- Broadband Network Connection
- Nvidia® nForce™ or other motherboard/soundcards containing Dolby Digital® Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital® audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom