Something wrong - VERY VERY low 3dmark06 score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with vern, make sure the res is at 1280x1024 and turn off all AF and AA.

my system on a heavy overclock gets me about 16700 marks. on the cpu test i see 1-3FPS, so that is normal.

I think vern is probably right.

Also the reason the cpu fps is so low is because that test has the cpu doing all of the work. Its not video card based. CPUs aren't designed to do graphics.... yet.

GPUs have lots of cores working in parallel splitting up the tasks to make them easier. GPUs aren't very versatile though.

CPUs have a few cores that are very dynamic which allows them to run all of your other programs so well and do multiple tasks at once with seamless switching.

I would also have to agree with the others on the resolution/stock 3DM settings. Those GPU scores seem very low. I scored 6474 SM2, and 7174 SM3 on stock when I had a single GTX 260. Are you running the Core 216 model?

That CPU score is in line with a dual core run for 3DM06.

"You did keep it the 3dmark06 stock resolution at 1280x1024, right? because if you changed that to your native resolution 1920x1200, your score WILL fall"

I kept the 3dmark06 settings stock, as it is the free version, and it won't let me change them anyway.

I tried it with Performance settings for the card, and even then I only got it too 8100 marks total.

Also, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, twice now. I didn't go hardcore with a 3rd party remover, but I didn't think that would be necessary

And here is the screenshot.

Oh, it is the core model too.

Thanks for all help thus far and future help! I am going to interchange a friend's gpu with mine today, and also try Crysis

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 86
haha, it is in the PCI 16 slot! What can be causing this? Is the mobo bad, and if it is, how would I find out? I don't think the card would work in any other slot either. Is there a way to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom