Something going on with Intel 45nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portland Newb

Baseband Member
The e8400 has been out of stock for close to 2 months. No release date for the 45nm quads. There is an entire factory rolling out 45nm and they haven't produced a single chip in 2 months?

There must be some production problem that they aren't talking about.

The quads were having stability issues, so they got pushed back. They were scheduled for late january. The 8400s are just hugely popular and most places cant keep up with demand.

veedub is right. The E8400's are so immensely popular that as soon as a store receives their paltry few, they are bought within the minute! Your best bet on getting an E8400 in the near future is to pay a bit more and buy it off of eBay or one of the many websites out there. You can always look at Pricewatch | Find lower prices on computer hardware, laptops, computer parts and electronics to find some alternatives to Newegg, Tigerdirect, CompUSA, etc.

I hope that's true - was starting to worry there might be a problem with the e8400, and I really want one. I've been checking Newegg daily for about a month - no dice. Just today - it was actually removed from my wish list and IS NO LONGER SHOWN ON THE NEWEGG WEBSITE. That seemed wierd.

I have notification requests in at Newegg and Buy.com. I tried to order one from Tiger Direct after someone posted that they were available there, but they were actually backordered already.

Well, hopefully all is well and I will be patient. It's tough, I have every other component and am just waiting for the chip. I've even lapped the HSF - thanks to advice and instruction received here.

Ha- by the time I get the e8400 my other components will be outdated!

interesting - the e8400 is back up on Newegg (still not in stock, though). Looks like they took it off-line just long enough to raise the price... AGAIN. It's now $260.

Yikes - maybe I will just give up and get the Q6600. It's now officially cheaper - so it's 4 cores vs. 45nm.

I never understood why websides couldnt just order more stock. but i guess thatd make too much sense.

i say just get the q6600. or get a cheap one and wait for the q9550.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom