Someone explain the x58 stuff to me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthTools

Hardware/VB.net/Anti-vir
I looked up the corei7920 and i saw that the multiplier was 20? i was like how tha heck is it 20?? and if thats so the fsb has to be like 133 or something on x58 boards..

so the multiplier is higher and the fsb is lower with these new computers? can someone explain this to me? what it means how it effects computing?

im thinking about getting the evga classified and a corei7 920 over my q9650 and biostar t-power p45..... what do you think of this? what speeds do you think I could get (air or water) with the core i7 920?
I hear getting 4GHz isn't practical.. Seems like getting the 920 to 4GHz is a tough workout and it hits a brick wall after.

would it be even worth it to upgrade? It's not looking so well..

Do you plan to run multiple video cards? Thats the MAIN reason to switch from p45/x48 to x58.

Well.. I could run multiple cards.. im mostly concerned about processing power and overclockability..

If I build my new system i would probably sli some cards... gtx260 core 216 or 275 or something.. 2 way sli possible 3-way sli (depening on scale) in the future...

But if I were to see no increase in processing power and speed what-so-ever... or If I didn't see nice overclockability 4+GHz... then Id just stick with what i have.

btw i have water-cooling and a core contact...

and core contact owns true? heres a list i found: FrostyTech - Best Heat Sinks & PC Cooling Reviews

The EVGA Classified is a waste of money imho. It just doesn't outperform the std. EVGA X58 by enough to warrant the price. If you look at the EVGA forum you'll find alot of Classified owners that can't run their water-cooled systems any faster than mine. I'd say most of them are slightly behind me. Save yourself some cash.

Speaking of saving some cash. Theres a post over at the EVGA forum showing a sneak peak of 2 new value X58 mobo that will soon be for sale.
New X58 Mobos Coming Soon!

If you get a EVGA mobo let me know and I'm sure I can help you with your oc, more so with the std. EVGA X58 :D

First, I don't know what you were reading about the i7s but whatever it was, it is horribly mistaken. Just take a look at the Superpi list we have on the forums. 3 920s @ ~4.5 leading the list. I'm in 6th (i think) with my 920 @ 4.2.

Second, you have build ADD. I sold you my stuff about 6 months ago now, and I think i've seen you buy new parts about 3 times since then. A q9650 with a biostar tp45 is nothing to scoff at. Why do you keep changing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom