Somebody tell me what graphics card to buy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaskTool

In Runtime
I don't really know how my computer stands as a gaming rig, because I have never seen a video on youtube with my processor running GTA IV at decent speeds, but oh well, regardless I am going to do what I can with what I have.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0ghz(stock speed)
Intel DG31PR Classic Series (No overclocking)
4gb OCZ performance DDR2 Memory
XFX Geforce 9600 GSO 768mb GDDR2
450W PSU

I downloaded the Batman: Arkham Asylum demo, and at first it wanted to run at 30 fps, but eventually for some reason depending on what I did it somehow went up to a constant 60.

Regardless, I really need to know what graphics card I can get that will honestly be a very good upgrade from what I am using now, but whether my power supply is a problem or not is something I need to know. Only 450W, and no 6pin or 8 pin connectors, just molex ( very limited amount)

Could somebody give me a thought out recommendation for a new graphics card? I was thinking about the 9800GX2 but I dont know the price/psu requirement, going to look it up now.. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Definitely don't get the 9800GX2.

I'd say get a better PSU for like $70 or so, and put the rest into a good video card like a HD 4870/GTX 260 C216, or wait for the new 5800's or GTX 300's to come out. (The former comes out I think the end of next week?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom