Some Questions About Hardware

Well as long as i don't lag i won't bother OCing :V
Btw when i have MalwareBytes on it blocks an IP "109.286.81.84" on every website, even youtube or gmail. When i have MalwareBytes off i got that automatic typed thingy as usual. What can i do for this?

No results, the problem still persists..
Edit : Funmood was the problem, Malware's Anti-Rootkit got it out.
A question regarding MoBo And CPU : If a MoBo has space for 4 DIMMs of RAM but on the CPU's specifications it says "# Of Memory Channels : 2", would 4 DIMM of RAM still work? as the CPU supports 2?

Last edited:
Yes, and 2 channels could also be 2 DIMMs like seen on certain mITX and mATX boards. Tri-channel can be 3 or 6 slots, and quad channel can be 4 or 8 slots which those can also do dual and tri-channel as well (Intel only).

Building your own PC piece by piece from scratch at home for the first time can be difficult assuming you have seen alot of PC getting built previously?
Also, would a Radeon HD 7870 of Gigabyte fit in xPredator X1 Evil Black Edition with a AsRock B75 PRO3-M and would it support it? i5 3470 and Kingston HyperX Blue 1x8GB RAM work with that motherboard? Should i change it? Is the one with 2 Channels better?
Does the PCB Form of GPU really matter? The above said GPU has ATX PCB Form while the motherboard is MicroATX, i guess they'll work..?
Which case do you recommend for the above said parts?

Last edited:
Any video card will fit "on" a motherboard granted they have a PCI-E slot capable and there isn't anything blocking the heatsink, which usually doesn't happen. So yes and yes to first two questions.

Will the 1x8GB work? Yes. Should you get 2x4? Yes. You want that dual channel performance. Single channel cuts your memory bandwidth in half, which is much worse than getting say 1333 vs 1600.

Does the GPU PCB matter? Not really. The only difference is high end cards like eVGA Classified which is slightly wider, or dual GPU cards which are super long. Normal cards like the 7870 can fit in practically any mATX to ATX case on the market. And by practically I mean like 99%.

I reccomend any mATX or ATX case that fits in your budget that you like. Cases are a rather personal preference thing. If budget permits the 200r and 300r are nice starter cases and Factal makes some nice looking budget cases as well.

Back
Top Bottom